Price: Chech It Out Here At Amazon
Synology 12bay Dual Controller SAS NAS SA3200D (Diskless) Product Information
- Brand Name Synology
- Series SA3200D
- Item model number SA3200D
- Item Weight 54.6 pounds
- Package Dimensions 32.7 x 23.6 x 9.4 inches
FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, AND DESCRIPTIONS
Synology SA3200D features a dual controller architecture to ensure operations and core business functions are not severely impacted by a disaster or unplanned incident that takes critical systems offline. The hardware redundancy mechanism leverages controllers, power supplies, and fans to prevent a single point of failure. Powered by the intuitive and feature-rich operating system DiskStation Manager (DSM), SA3200D provides comprehensive protection for network, file services, and applications.
Designed with High Availability and Scalability
Synology SA3200D is a cost-effective yet highly available data management solution for enterprises, with a competitive price-performance ratio of $0.05 per gigabyte2. Underneath the 2U chassis are dual controller modules in an active-passive architecture, each connected to the other by the reliable, high-speed Non-Transparent Bridge (NTB) with low latency. Service continuity is also backed up by the hardware redundancy mechanism of modularized power supplies and fans to prevent a single point of failure.
With SA3200D, you can start small and grow in the future. It supports up to 12 x 3.5″/2.5″ SAS interface drive slots by default, and the capacity can be further scaled up to 576 TB using two RXD1219sas4 expansion units, with minimal performance impact3. Data replication is not needed for the shared storage design, saving valuable rack space and network bandwidth when compared with two devices using Synology High Availability.
Real-Time Protection with Automatic Failover
With an active-passive design consisting of dual controller modules and the built-in Synology High Availability (SHA) service, SA3200D is built to provide real-time, system-level protection to maximize service availability. It actively monitors network status and critical file services of CIFS, iSCSI, AFP, FTP, NFS, and Synology Directory Server. Once a controller module or the service is unavailable, the system will fail over automatically within a minute1 to minimize system interruption and ensure service continuity.
Easy to Deploy, Easy to Manage
SA3200D is designed to help IT administrators easily deploy and manage a highly available data management infrastructure. The system features straightforward, wizard-based GUI setup processes that allow you to build up a highly available service environment within minutes. Service status monitoring is made easy and intuitive.
Powered by DiskStation Manager (DSM), an intuitive, user-friendly web-based operating system across Synology hardware platforms, SA3200D provides IT administrators a unified user experience without the need to adapt to different user interfaces and complex configuration settings. With a full suite of software applications supported in the Package Center, you can download and install a variety of packages including backup, data protection, and virtualization.
Built for Your SAN Storage Needs
Synology SA3200D provides a fully certified virtualization solution with VMware® vSphere™, Microsoft® Hyper-V®, Citrix® XenServer™, and OpenStack Cinder. It supports both iSCSI and NFS protocols and integrates with VMware VAAI and Microsoft ODX, allowing IT administrators to effectively deploy and facilitate storage operations in various virtualization environments.
Virtualize Workloads Flexibly in a Protected Environment
Technical Specifications – Hardware
- Number of controller module 2
- CPU (per controller) Intel Xeon D-1521 4-core 2.4 GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz
- Hardware encryption engine Yes (AES-NI)
- Memory (per controller) 8 GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM (expandable up to 64 GB)
- Compatible drive type 12 x 3.5″/2.5″ SAS SSD/HDD (drives not included)
- Hot-swappable drive Yes
- External port (per controller) 1 x expansion port
- Size (HxWxD) • 88 x 430.5 x 692 mm • 88 x 482 x 724 mm (with server ears)
- Weight 19.7 kg
- LAN (per controller) • 2 x 1GbE RJ-45 • 1 x 10GbE RJ-45 (10GBASE-T)
- PCIe 3.0 slot (per controller) • 1 x 8-lane x8 slot • High-performance network interface card support
- System fan (per controller) 2 (60 x 60 x 51 mm)
- AC input power voltage 100 V to 240 V AC
- Power frequency 50/60 Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)
- Storage temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum operating altitude 5,000 m (16,400 ft)
- Active-passive dual controller design in a single chassis, maximizing service availability with a minute-level failover time
- Highly available infrastructure with a competitive price-performance ratio of US$0.05 per gigabyte2
- A scalable shared storage architecture of more than 500 TB raw capacity with minimal performance impact3
- Automatic failover mechanism, protecting services in real-time and prevent a single point of failure
- Easy to deploy and manage data services intuitively with DiskStation Manager (DSM), providing a unified experience across Synology platforms and support comprehensive software applications
- Certified virtualization solution with license-free workload protection
|Price: See Offers At Amazon|full-width