Synology NAS Rackstation (Diskless) (RS1619xs+), 4-Bay; 8GB DDR4 Product Information
Size:4-bay; 8GB DDR4 | Style:RS1619xs+
Other Technical Details
Price: Chech It Out Here At Amazon
RackStation RS1619xs+ FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, AND DESCRIPTIONS
Synology RackStation RS1619xs+ is a high-performance 1U rackmount NAS with comprehensive storage, data backup, and collaboration applications, suitable for small- to medium-sized businesses. RS1619xs+ simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS1619xs+ is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Powerful NAS Solution in 1U Form Factor
Synology RS1619xs+ is a 1U 4-bay rackmount network attached storage solution equipped with a quad-core processor, 8 GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to 64 GB), and four Gigabit LAN ports. With an optional 10GbE network adapter card installed, RS1619xs+ delivers sequential reading throughput over 1,523 MB/s and 162,097 iSCSI random read IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration.
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS1619xs+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services. Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS1619xs+ to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources.
- File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
- A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN and provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery, and cloning.
Virtual Machine Manager
RS1619xs+ is designed with virtualization in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables you to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your server.
- Virtual DSM provides an equally intuitive experience as DiskStation Manager, offering a reliable storage solution with robust features.
- Various Operating Systems Support lets you run Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on your Synology NAS in just a few steps.
- Snapshots for Virtual Machines is a snapshot technology provided by Virtual Machine Manager, allowing you to perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.
- Live Migration lets you seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from one Synology NAS to another.
- Flexible IT Resource Management allows you to allocate hardware resources like computing power, storage space, or network interfaces across several virtual machines.
- Multi-Tenant Environments allow you to create multiple isolated virtual machines for subsidiary business units or departments.
- Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface.
A Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
- Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and allows cross-platform synchronization for you to access data from anywhere. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides. Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
- Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules, and organize daily tasks effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
- Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its powerful information management and interaction features.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for businesses everywhere. RS1619xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in the event of unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High-reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
- DDR4 ECC U-DIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and correction capabilities during data transmission.
RackStation RS1619xs+ Technical Specifications – Hardware
- CPU Intel Xeon D-1527 quad-core 2.2GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
- Hardware encryption engine Yes (AES-NI)
- Memory 8 GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM (expandable up to 64 GB)
- Compatible drive type • 4 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA SSD/HDD (drives not included) • 2 x M.2 2280 NVMe/SATA SSD (drives not included)
- Hot-swappable drive Yes
- External port • 2 x USB 3.0 port • 1 x expansion port
- Size (HxWxD) • 44 x 430.5 x 483.6 mm • 44 x 480 x 518.6 mm (with server ears)
- Weight 8.16 kg
- LAN 4 x Gigabit (RJ-45)
- Wake on LAN/WAN Yes
- PCIe 3.0 slot • 1 x 8-lane x8 slot • 10GbE/25GbE network interface card support
- Scheduled power on/off Yes
- System fan 2 (40 x 40 x 28 mm)
- AC input power voltage 100V to 240V
- AC Power frequency 50/60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum operating altitude 5,000 m (16,400 ft)
RackStation RS1619xs+ General DSM specification
- Networking protocol SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™, L2TP)
- File system • Internal: Btrfs, ext4 • External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT4
- Supported RAID type Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1
- Storage management • Maximum single volume size: 108TB/200TB (at least 32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only) • Maximum system snapshots: 65,5365 • Maximum internal volume: 1,024
- SSD cache • Read-write cache support • M.2 SSD support (M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD)
- File sharing capability • Maximum local user account: 16,000 • Maximum local group: 512 • Maximum shared folder: 512 • Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connection: 2,000 7 10 10 11 10 12 13 14 8 9
- Privilege Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege
- Directory service Windows® AD integration: Domain users log in via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration
- Virtualization VMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Citrix®, OpenStack®
- Security Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, Rsync over SSH, login autoblock, Let’s Encrypt support, HTTPS (customizable cipher suite)
- Supported client Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X® 10.11 onwards
- Supported browser Chrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards) on tablets
- Interface Language English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český, ภาษาไทย, Chinese
RackStation RS1619xs+ Packages and Applications
File Server & Synchronization
- Drive Provide a universal portal to synchronize your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. The built-in universal portal allows you to access data anytime and anywhere. • Maximum number of hosted files: 3,000,000 • Maximum number of concurrent connections for PC clients: 1,800
- File Station Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, creating sharing links, transfer logs
- FTP Server Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs
- Presto File Server High-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop
- Cloud Sync One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk
- Universal Search Offer global search into applications and files
RackStation RS1619xs+ Data Protection & Backup Solution
- Hyper Backup Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds
- Backup tools DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup Shared folder sync – maximum task number: 32
- Snapshot Replication • Maximum of shared folder snapshots: 1,024 • Maximum of Replication: 64 High Availability Manager Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster
- Active Backup for G Suite Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration
- Active Backup for Office 365 Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration
- Active Backup for Business All-in-one backup solution designed for heterogeneous business IT environment, enabling IT admins to remotely manage and monitor protection over PC, servers, and VM on one centralized console
RackStation RS1619xs+ Productivity & Collaboration
- Collaboration tools Collaborate with instant message service Chat, online editor Office, and scheduling assistant Calendar • Chat maximum user: 4,000 • Office maximum user: 2,900 • Calendar: support CalDAV and access via mobile devices
- Note Station Rich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding, and attachments
- MailPlus Server Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (Includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)
- MailPlus Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface
- Moments Support smart AI album with facial and subject recognition, photo editing and sharing features, and iOS and Android mobile applications
- Other packages Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server
Surveillance Station Maximum IP camera: 75 (total of 2,250 FPS at 720p, H.264) (Including two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)
- Synology Directory Server Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution
- CMS Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS
- VPN Server Maximum connection: 40, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec Mail Server Supported Mail Server Protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, Support LDAP/AD account
- Mail Station Webmail interface for Mail Server to receive emails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, customizable SMTP server
- Web Station Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB®, third-party applications support
- Other packages DNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center
- Storage Analyzer Volume and quota usage, the total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, large files, most recently modified files least recently accessed files Antivirus Essential Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto-update
- Security Advisor Malware detection/removal, user account/password, network, system-related security scan
- Other packages Additional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center
Environment and Packaging
- Environment safety RoHS compliant
- Package content • RS1619xs+ main unit x 1 • Quick Installation Guide x 1 • Accessory pack x 1 • AC power cord x 2
- Optional accessories • 8GB/16GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4-8G/RAMEC2133DDR4-16G) • Synology E10G17-F2/E10G18-T1/E10G18-T2 10Gbps Ethernet adapters • Synology Expansion Unit RX1217/RX1217RP • Synology Rail Kit RKM114-Rail Kit Mounted / RKS1317-Rail Kit Sliding • VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD • Surveillance Device License Pack • MailPlus License Pack • Virtual DSM License Pack
- Powerful 1U NAS for growing businesses, featuring a quad-core CPU with AES-NI and 8 GB (up to 64 GB) DDR4 ECC UDIMM
- Built-in M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD slots for system cache support
- Excellent performance of over 1,523 MB/s sequential reading and 162,097 iSCSI random read IOPS1
- Optional 10GbE NIC support
- Scalable up to 16 drives with Synology RX1217/RX1217RP
- Complete virtualization solution with Synology Virtual Machine Manager
- Backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty & Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
Synology NAS Rackstation (Diskless) (RS1619xs+), 4-Bay; 8GB DDR4
|Price: See Offers At Amazon