Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS718+ (Diskless)Product Description
Size:2-bay; 2GB DDR3L | Style:DS718+ | Configuration:Single
Synology Disk Station DS718+ features a quad-core processor with an AES-NI hardware encryption engine, providing outstanding performance and data encryption acceleration along with real-time transcoding of 4K content. DS718+ is ideal for protecting critical assets and sharing files across different platforms. Synology DS718+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Price: Chech It Out Here At Amazon
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
Synology DiskStation DS718+ features a quad-core processor with an AES-NI hardware encryption engine, providing outstanding performance and data encryption acceleration along with real-time transcoding of 4K content. DS718+ is ideal for protecting critical assets and sharing files across different platforms. Synology DS718+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Compact Storage with Outstanding Performance
DS718+ is designed for small or growing businesses pursuing a compact and powerful shared storage solution, offering the flexibility to expand the 2 GB RAM to up to 6 GB RAM to process intensive workloads. Featuring a quad-core 1.5 GHz processor with a burst frequency of 2.3 GHz, DS718+ delivers up to 226 MB/s reading and 188 MB/s writing under RAID 1 configuration, and delivers up to 226 MB/s reading and 184 MB/s writing even under encrypted data transmission1 . DS718+ comes with three USB 3.0 ports and dual Gigabit LAN ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation modes. The 2-bay DS718+ can support up to 7 drives with Synology DX5172 expansion unit.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage
DS718+ integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wide snapshots, without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific single file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID 1, 5, 6, and 10.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS718+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for small or growing businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS718+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and Synology File Station, a web-based file explorer. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- The powerful Collaboration Suite integrates Synology Office, Calendar and Chat, ensuring secure and high-performance private communications and allowing your organizations to easily manage and control the relevant content.
Personal Multimedia Library Synology
DiskStation DS718+ features real-time H.264/H.265 4K video transcoding of up to two channels3, bringing comprehensive support to the latest multimedia file formats and contents and allowing easy file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® platforms. With Video Station, you can organize personal digital video library with comprehensive media information and watch 4K Ultra HD movies and films. Photo Station allows you to effortlessly organize photos into customized categories, smart albums, and blog posts, and link them to social networking websites within a few clicks. Audio Station comes with Internet radio and lossless audio formats support and provides music playback via DLNA or AirPlay-compliant devices.
24/7 Smart Security Solution
Featuring user-friendly video management tools and an intuitive desktop-like interface, Synology Surveillance Station is a reliable private-security solution that can support multiple IP cameras connected to DS718+. Surveillance Station features an optimized live view together with streamlined real-time monitoring. Its powerful analytics, such as motion detection and alert notification, allows you to stay informed of any suspicious activity with triggers sent via SMS, e-mail, and DS cam mobile application.
Technical Specifications – Hardware
- CPU Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz, burst up to 2.3GHz
- Hardware encryption engine Yes (AES-NI)
- Hardware transcoding engine Supported codec: H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2 and VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30
- Memory 2 GB DDR3L (expandable up to 6 GB)
- Compatible drive type 2 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA SSD / HDD (drives not included)
- External port • 3 x USB 3.0 port • 1 x eSATA port
- Size (HxWxD) 157 x 103.5 x 232 mm
- Weight 1.74 kg
- LAN 2 x 1GbE (RJ-45)
- Wake on LAN/WAN Yes
- Scheduled power on/off Yes System fan 92 x 92 x 25 mm
- AC input power voltage 100V to 240V
- AC Power frequency 50/60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- Storage temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum operating altitude 5,000 m (16,400 ft)
- Powerful and scalable 2-bay NAS for growing businesses
- Encrypted sequential throughput performance at over 226 MB/s reading and 184 MB/s writing
- Quad-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine
- 2 GB DDR3L-1866 memory (scalable up to 6 GB)
- Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support
- Scalable up to 7 drives with Synology DX517
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Two channels H.265/H.264 support 4K video transcoding on the fly
Size:2-bay; 2GB DDR3L | Style:DS718+ | Configuration:Single
RAM 2 GB
Other Technical Details
- Brand Name Synology
- Series DS718+
- Item model number DS718+
- Operating System N/A
- Item Weight 3.84 pounds
- Product Dimensions 9.1 x 4.1 x 6.2 inches
- Item Dimensions L x W x H 9.13 x 4.07 x 6.18 inches
Price: See Offers At Amazon