|Price: See Offers At Amazon
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 3TB storage capacity with SATA III, 6Gb/s NCQ Interface
- Seagate AcuTrac servo technology delivers dependable performance
- Seagate OptiCache technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation.
- Seagate Smart Align technology provides a simple, transparent migration to Advanced Format 4K sectors.
- Best Fit Applications include: Desktop or all-in-one PCs, Home servers, PC-based game systems, Desktop RAID, Direct attached external storage devices (DAS), Network-attached storage devices (NAS)
Capacity:3TB | Style:HDD
The Seagate Desktop HDD is the industry-standard hard drive for mainstream desktop computing, delivering both exceptional reliability and performance. A host of refined technologies helps boost performance further than ever before.
The Seagate Desktop HDD is Windows and Mac compatible. Thanks to the free Seagate DiscWizard software, installation is easy. It lets you migrate content from your old drive and configure volumes larger than 2TB.
Capacity:3TB | Style:HDD
Screen Size 3.5 inches
Hard Drive 3 TB mechanical_hard_drive
Other Technical Details
- Brand Name Seagate
- Series Desktop (Barracuda)
- Item model number STBD3000100
- Hardware Platform Mac; PC
- Operating System Windows, Mac
- Item Weight 1.38 pounds
- Product Dimensions 4 x 5.8 x 1 inches
- Item Dimensions L x W x H 4 x 5.79 x 1.03 inches
- Computer Memory Type DRAM
- Flash Memory Size 3 TB
- Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA-600
- Hard Drive Rotational Speed 7200 RPM
The Power of One
The Seagate Desktop HDD is the one hard drive for all your desktop applications. One drive for every need, supported by 30 years of trusted performance, reliability and simplicity.
Perfect When You Need To:
- Build desktop or all-in-one PCs to equip home servers
- Create PC-based gaming systems
- Implement a desktop RAID
- Outfit direct attached external storage devices (DAS)
- Build network-attached storage devices (NAS)
Proven Quality and Performance
Desktop HDDs are the world’s most popular desktop storage solutions. With consistent quality and performance-enhancing innovations and features like native command queuing and perpendicular recording, Seagate delivers time—and time again.
Additionally, Desktop HDDs are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship. Advanced power modes enable you to save more energy while in idle states—without sacrificing performance. Plus, 70 percent or more of the materials used to build Desktop HDD drives are recyclable.
Maximizes Storage Densities
Desktop HDD, 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac technology enables storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 1/500th the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
The sure way to get native access to hard drives bigger than 2TB is to adopt the new BIOS standard called UEFI. If you’re not there yet, Seagate has an alternative.
Free DiscWizard software from Seagate provides you a means to effectively utilize your 3TB and 4TB Seagate Desktop HDDs, even with Windows XP and using the standard PC BIOS.
Size and Performance
You get more bang for your buck with the industry’s first 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology.
Your drive is up to 45 percent faster than the last generation thanks to Seagate OptiCache technology. OptiCache technology combines the latest advances in hard drive microprocessors, DRAM, and proprietary caching algorithms resulting in great performance improvements for you.